$6,490.00 – $6,790.00
Intermediate oboe for advancing students up to music college level. Available in Grenadilla, Mopane or Synthetic body.
The Howarth S40C is a graduate model instrument designed for intermediate to advanced level players.
Lighter in weight than our professional model oboes, the keywork on the S40C has many of the same features as a professional level instrument, with a greater variety of fingerings and trills compared to the S20C.
Howarth S40C comes in 5 different body types to suit different players and conditions:
- Standard model in the same traditional Grenadilla wood as our professional model oboes.
- The VT (Velvet Tone) model, lined from the top of the instrument to the first finger hole, to protect the top joint from cracking.
- NEW Mopane hardwood model with VT lining
- Synthetic top joint model makes this instrument crack proof while maintaining a full and rich tone.
- Fully synthetic body model for crack free easy maintenance, while maintaining a full and rich tone.
An ideal upgrade from our student models, the S40C will take players to advanced student level.
All new instruments come with a minimum 24 month warranty on repairs and we will take care of all servicing and cleaning within the first 12 months upon request. All second hand instruments come with a 6 month guarantee from the date of purchase.
Consortium Music is owned and operated by a team of specialist Brass and Woodwind repair technicians, we are a full service workshop from general maintenance to major repairs and custom builds. Whether you are local or interstate, we can advise you on the best way to get your instrument here for specialist care.
All orders over $100 are shipped free within Australia. Orders less than $100 will be shipped at cost (usually $10-$30) depending on the size of the Australia Post satchel.